TMJ Treatment in Hackensack, NJ
Waking up with an aching jaw isn’t fun for anyone. If this happens to you daily, it could be a symptom of teeth grinding, which may be a good reason to talk to us about our TMJ treatment in Hackensack. This treatment can help you:
- Eat without jaw pain
- Wake up without headaches or earaches
- Prevent wear and tear on your teeth
- Protect your natural teeth
Ignoring this problem can put your smile and your oral health at risk. If you suspect you might be grinding your teeth in your sleep, call 201-366-7001 to schedule a free consultation at Summit Dental.
Stop Teeth Grinding to Preserve Your Smile
TMJ is an abbreviation for temporomandibular joint. These are the joints that connect your lower jaw (or mandible) to your upper jaw. TMJ disorders can be the result of grinding or clenching your teeth together. Treating this condition and its effects may include:
- Mouthguards – Our custom-made mouthguards are intended to be worn while you sleep. They act as a barrier between your upper and lower teeth. Your mouthguard also can reduce stress on your jaw joints.
- Restorative Dentistry – Depending on how long you have been grinding your teeth, you may have significant wear and tear. Dental crowns or veneers may be needed to restore your teeth.
- Orthodontics – In some cases, the alignment of your teeth can contribute to teeth grinding issues. Straightening your teeth and correcting your bite could help ease your pain.
Don’t Suffer Jaw Pain Any Longer
The National Institutes of Health estimates that more than 10 million Americans suffer from TMJ problems. You may be among them if you are having one or more of these symptoms:
- Morning headaches
- Facial and jaw pains
- Neck, shoulder, or upper back pain
- Stiffness in your jaw
- Problems opening or closing your mouth completely
- Popping or clicking when you open or close your mouth
We don’t want any of our patients to be in pain. If you need TMJ treatment in Hackensack, we can stop your suffering. Call 201-366-7001 to request a free consultation at Summit Dental, or schedule online.